Those born in October have two stunning birthstones - Opal and Tourmaline. Both stones have endless and beautiful color varieties. The Opal is known for its shifting iridescent, fiery colors and its high vibrational energy, making it a healing and balancing stone. Tourmaline has different colors known for different healing properties; Pink Tourmaline embodies love, compassion and gentleness and Green Tourmaline embodies courage, strength and stamina.
Featured here are our Firework Tourmaline Earrings
1. Tourmaline is a newer, non-traditional October birthstone. It gets its name from the Sinhalese word 'toramalli', meaning "stone with mixed colors".
2. Tourmaline has a vast range of colors with and is often mistaken for other gemstones. The most popular colors are pink & red, shades of olive to emerald green and blue-to-violet tourmalines. Less well known is black Tourmaline. This variety is thought to protect its wearer and boost self-confidence.
3. Tourmaline is mostly found in Brazil, but it is also prominent in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Madagascar, California and Maine. The stone is rated 7 to 7.5 on the Mohs scale of hardness and is used commonly in jewelry.
Featured here are our Merlot Bouquet Button Earstuds
1. Opal is believed to have originated in India, where in Sanskrit it's called upala and in ancient Rome its known as opalus, meaning a "precious stone". Opals are commonly found today in Australia, Brazil and Mexico.
2. Opal can be found in two forms; common Opal and precious Opal. The stone is believed to be an enigma of light, purity and brings clarity to whoever wears it.
3. In ancient Greek mythology, they believed that opals gave you psychic abilities. In ancient Roman mythology they believed the gemstone was synonymous with love and hope. Hence, this mesmerizing stone was popular and often gifted to new brides on their wedding day.