If you're born in December under the signs of Sagittarius or Capricorn, you're one of the lucky people with 2 beautiful gemstones to choose from - Turquoise & Tanzanite. The birthstones range from blue and blue-ish purple hues of Tanzanite, to the opaque blue & green hues of Turquoise. With properties ranging from wealth and wisdom to good fortune and protection from evil, there's an option for everyone. Let's explore these gorgeous birthstones more...
1. The Turquoise birthstone has been cherished by the pharaohs, other ancient Egyptian rulers and Chinese artisans for many a millennia. In the 13th century it was believed to protect the wearer from falling and that it would break when disaster was approaching. It has also played an important role in the lives of Native Americans as they believed it could be found at the end of a rainbow.
2. In European tradition a turquoise ring means "forget me not" and the stone is also believed to invite good fortune, health, peace and protection from evil.
3. Turquoise is known to be an excellent stone for relieving physical exhaustion, depression, panic attacks and enhance the immune systems.
Featured here are our Debutante Baroque Studs with Tanzanite
1. Tanzanite was the most exciting gem to be discovered in the 20th century in Tanzania. Its indigo hues and rarity caught the attention of Tiffany & Co, who became the primary international distributor for this velvety birthstone.
2. Its vivid colors, high clarity, stimulation of joy and balance all make this a popular gemstone for modern day jewelry.
3.Tanzanite is also a powerful stone which helps its wearer to feel lighter, softer and more tuned in to their higher purposes. The gorgeous violet gem is said to help the body detox, relieve stress, nerves and migraines.